The impact of the City of London is far wider than the Square Mile inhabits. More than 450 international banks are sited here, it is the recognised world centre for the insurance industry and home to the headquarters of countless multi-national corporations.
The world’s leading business and financial centre demands a bespoke police force, which is equipped to protect and support this unique environment, and to meet head-on the policing challenges it represents. This force is the City of London Police.
A global community needs a specialist force. City of London Police is committed to:
- Tackling economic crime
- Countering terrorism
- Maintaining public order
- Promoting community safety
- 300,000 people travel into the City a day to work
- over 450 international banks make their home in the Square Mile
- The City is the recognised world centre for the insurance industry
- 8,600 people reside in the City
- Over four million people visit each year